Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Dream of Trumpets

In 2008 the Lord gave me a dream where I was standing in a church in Butler, PA.  I was looking toward the front of the church and all across the front were lined hundreds of trumpets.  As I looked I noticed that these trumpets had a most unusual shape.  They were circular in the middle and the mouthpiece and the horn both came out on the same side.  I had never seen anything like this before so I wasn't sure what type of horn it was.  And then as I was pondering the meaning of the unusually shaped horn I heard a voice speak over the church.  And it said, "Who will take this authority?"  And that was the end of the dream.




The next day I began to research what kind of trumpet I saw in this dream.  I found through research that this was a Vienna horn.  So I began research on what the Vienna horn meant.  Most trumpets are tuned to the key of G, but the Vienna horn is tuned to the key of F.  Because of this, it has a different sound that is highly desirable.  This horn is used in special orchestra arrangements that is played in Austrian concerts that is broadcast to over one billion people on the planet.

In the bible a trumpet was used to sound the alarm, to call God's people to order, or to be a way of announcing that a special message was about to be given.  I believe this dream was God pronouncing that a billion soul harvest is about to take place in the earth.  After I had learned about the Vienna horn, I began to research the thought of a billion soul harvest.  And to my surprise there are several ministries currently pursuing this objective.  Do a search on the words "billion soul harvest" to find links to other ministries pursuing this call from God.

I'd like for you to consider this, however.  In the dream the message from God was "Who will take this authority?"  There are many trumpets, many messages that need to be sounded.  There are many ministries that need to be activated in order to bring forth a harvest of this size.  The trumpets I saw at the front of the church weren't guarded.  They were available to anyone who will pursue.  Of course, in any action a choice is made.  We have to choose to pursue Him in order to lay hold of the trumpet.  Who will take it?  Will you?  God's intention is that He will fill His house.  And He's making it available to you to join Him in this pursuit.  The fields are white for the harvest.  Pray that God would send forth laborers into His harvest.

Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Great vision David. I remember when you shared this with us at CLC. I have had visions of trumpets as well, and I see how God has created all of us so unique and precious to the parts that only we can play in His orchestra. Together we sound the Song of heaven--Jesus!

    I had a dream a few days ago, the same morning of the tragedies in Oslo. In the dream a black car drove up with evil men--all blond. One man got out of the car with a gun, and I knew he was coming to shoot us. He looked very much like the shooter in Oslo. He was trying to get us to bite something so that he could shoot us all at the same time. I read where the shooter baited his victims this way. At first, I hid in the closet. Then someone suggested we pick up our instruments and play. At the end of the dream I was writing a message on the wall for my family, telling them that Jesus is alive! Above my words, I wrote a "banner" of three words: Love. Love. Love. I believe the LORD is showing me that the way to combat this evil that is being unleashed in the world around us is to boldly be the instruments God created us to be--to sound the songs of His praise. And to declare His love as a banner over everything else.

    Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to more. Blessings!

    PS I have a FB friend from Vienna--I'm going to share this with her.

    ReplyDelete