Sunday, May 5, 2013

Papa is Good!

Friday May 3rd I was flying from Charlotte to Tulsa, with a connection through Houston. When I got to the Charlotte airport @ 4:00am I found out the Houston flight was delayed by 55 minutes. Big time bummer because my Tulsa flight only had a 75 minute layover. So I switched flights to leave Houston 2 hours later than planned. That meant my daughter, who is graduating from ORU this weekend couldn't pick me up at the Tulsa airport. And I just might miss her graduating ceremony they do for all the theology majors at ORU.

Well my Charlotte to Houston flight went a little faster and made up 5 minutes. By the time I got out of the plane and got my bag, there was 20 minutes before the earlier Tulsa flight was leaving...but it was in another terminal! So I started running and walking as fast as I could go. I was asking God to help me make the earlier flight but this looked extremely remote at best. And as I did my best and rushed, I felt an impression that what was I worrying about. I felt God speak to me that why are you acting like an orphan. I'm your father. I own everything. I can get you on that flight. So I stopped rushing and started walking normally.

I got to the gate with 10 minutes until the plane would shut its doors. But I was still booked on the later flight! I asked the gate attendant if I could still make this flight and briefly told her about the delay problems. She was reluctant at first. She said you have 2 minutes before we close the doors. Do you have your confirmation number? I had my boarding pass on my phone, but no confirmation number in that. I fumbled through my email to see if I could find it but couldn't. She then said you have 1 minute.

So I prayed and kept looking. She then said where did you come from? And then she said what flight are you booked on? And then she said I need some identification.

Praise God she got me on that flight! Or really Praise God, God got me on that flight!

I then began to realize a little more that our Father in heaven really loves to surprise us with His goodness. And I feel my heart is a little more convinced that my papa in heaven really cares about all the details of my life. Life is a joy when we do it with Papa!





2 comments:

  1. God is good!
    Love,
    Sister-in-law Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great praise report, and congratulations on your daughter's graduation!

    Lawson

    ReplyDelete